Banana cakes are a great way to use up over ripe bananas that you probably won’t end up eating. This recipe can be used to make a whole cake (bake for around an hour) or cupcakes. I used some animal mini forks from Japan as cute cake toppers. Great for parties! ヽ(･ω･｡)ﾉ
Ingredients (makes 12 cupcakes):
- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g self raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- a few drops of vanila essence
- 2 very ripe bananas (mashed)
- Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas 4.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl until fluffy.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture one at a time until smooth.
- Add the flour, vanilla essence and bananas and mix well.
- Arrange 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake tray and divide the mixture evenly into each liner.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and then leave the cupcakes to cool on a wire rack.